Sunday, April 24, 2011

day 245, My first cake!



 You know how a few post back, I talked about how I want to start making cakes? Well, I made my first professional cake today. It was really stressful because it was my first time, and I didn't all by myself. But it was still lots of fun.


This is what it looked when it was done. I got so tired making the cake that when it came to decorating it, I just put the fondant on, and added a few things.... Next time, I want to make the cake, and decorate it the next day. That hopefully will work better.


The cake actually tasted really good, and it was made from scratch. The only bad thing is, I didn't have that much butter cream (frosting)... but it still was good. Next time I also want to make my own fondant. Hopefully it all works out next time, put practice makes perfect...right? We will see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment