Saturday, January 28, 2012

Smile through your fear and sorrow.

     Over the years I have had some pretty hard trails in my life, as we all do. But we all react differently when our lives become stressful or hard. I told myself a long time ago that I would do my best to push through it, and do it with a smile on my face. I told myself that this trail can either make me or break me.

    I try my hardest everyday to begin and end each day with a smile on my face and have a good attitude. I want to be the kind of person that people can go to if they are having a bad day, or just need to talk. I strive to be the person with the positive attitude towards life, and I hope people see me that way. But it's actually really hard to have a "good" attitude, or to always have a smile on your face when you might actually be having a bad day.

   One of my favorite songs in the entire world is called "Smile" ..here are the lyrics.

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
if you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

   We all have our days when we start to get discouraged, stressed, and just feel like we are stuck in life. It's the days like this when it's the hardest to have a good attitude. But you know what... it's ok to have a good cry, or to feel discouraged. At least I know that I need it. It is motivation for me in a way... if that makes sense.

    Well actually, I have self diagnosed myself with seasonal depression. (Don't worry people) It's just in the months of January/February when I start to get depressed in a way. It's just at time when it's hard for me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I guess it's the lack of sun in the winter months, or maybe it's because of all the ugly gray snow.. who knows.. But many people don't know that I get like this at this time because I choose to smile, have a good attitude and press forward.

   I guess what I'm trying to say is that, when you are feeling sad or depressed. Just remember that everything will be ok in the end. As Bob Marley said.. "Don't worry about a thing, because every little thing will be alright." Don't worry about the small things, and just enjoy life. Try to have a smile on every minute of the day, and press forward. :)

1 comment: