Monday, March 26, 2012

"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them."


   Everyone has at least one dream or aspiration that they have in their life. But over the years, I have noticed that I have TONS of them, like more than the average person... and in a way, it's kind of a bad thing, but it also is good. But one of my biggest dreams is to work at Disneyland! All of my life, I have been the biggest Disney fan, and I really truly want to work there someday!

   Today I had the awesome opportunity to audition for a character part at one of the Disney Resorts. I knew the auditions were today, but I wasn't planning on auditioning until just a few days ago. You see, at first I didn't want to audition because I was planning on waiting a few years to figure somethings out before going and working at Disneyland... But then I got to thinking... Maybe I could just go for the summer, and work seasonally. I later didn't want to audition because of fear. Fear is a weird thing. I had fear of moving away from my family, my dog :), and I also was afraid of living alone, and also paying for things such as rent, food, etc.. This fear that I was having was making it so I didn't want to audition, and then I remembered a quote that I love that was said by Walt Disney. The quote is... "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them." I thought I knew the meaning of this quote long before... but over the past few days it has actually made more sense then it did before. Here I was, so scared to audition for my dream. Not many people can walk into a room, and have their dream just sitting there, but I did, but I was to scared to go!! I said this quote to myself over and over again, and finally told myself just go and have fun, and that is exactly what I did.

  The auditions were at 10 AM this morning at the Rose Wagner Theater. I walked in not knowing what to expect, because Disney is so secretive, and they didn't say much about what we would be doing. This also scared me. But once I got their, I walked into a room filled with Disney freaks just like me. They were all so nice, and in just a matter of minutes, I had made friends, and started talking with people. I atomically  knew I was in the right place, and knew this is what I needed to do. Weather it be that I auditioned today, and got the part, or worked for Disney later in my life... I knew this is what I wanted to do. Just because everyone was so kind, and open.

  After a few minutes, the Disney casting directors ushered us into a room where we wrote down our names, number, address, etc. They measured us in height and took a picture of us. This took about 45 mins. because there was about 130 of us. Once that was all done, we learned a dance, and then performed it in small groups. When everyone was done dancing, they told us they were going to call out some numbers, and if our numbers were called, we could move onto the next round of tryouts, and if our number wasn't called, we could leave. My number wasn't called. To be honest, I was bummed, just because I was looking forward to it all... but at the same time, I was happy. I was happy that I came, happy that I had the courage to pursue my dream. I was so glad for the experience, and now when I go to audition again, I can remember how fun it was, and not have fear.

   On my way home, I was still kinda bummed, but I remembered another quote from the Disney movie Cinderella. The quote says... "Even miracles take a little time." I might have not gotten far into the audition today, but I'm farther then I was yesterday. I know that I can always try again. Because dreams aren't just handed to you, they require lots of work and dedication. I know this now, and I'm so glad that I auditioned. I'm thinking about applying for the Disney College Program soon just to see where that takes me. I know it will all turn out someday. :)  "Watch and you'll see, Someday I'll be, Part of your world!"

   So readers, always remember to shoot for the stars, wish upon the stars and know that even crazy dreams can come true. All you need is courage, faith and hard work. I promise you, if you do these steps you will achieve your dreams. Just don't be afraid.



1 comment: