Sunday, August 5, 2012

Midnight 5K with Kaily!



On Friday night, Kaily and I ran the Legacy Midnight 5K. It was so much fun! The race started at 10:30 PM. It was really fun to run at night instead of the morning like other 5Ks. Everyone was required to wear glow sticks, so the entire crowd was covered with them. It was awesome!
I'm so glad that Kaily ran it with me. I really wanted to run it, but I didn't want to run it alone. The cost to sign up was really expensive, so I didn't think anyone would run it with me, but she did! It was great to hang out with her, and to have fun in this way. :)
Funny story: At midnight, they started to announce the winners for the 5K. Kaily and I knew that we weren't going to be a winner. So we just were going to go home. But we stayed for just a few seconds more, and then they started announcing the winners for the age group of the 15-19 males. To my surprise, they called my name for 2nd place!!! HAHA.. we were so surprised. I was so shocked that when I went up to get my medal and my prize I couldn't speak! HAHA...
Later it turns out that there was only 2 people in my age group. HAHA... But I'm happy that I got a medal.
It was so much fun, and I can't wait to do it again.
Thanks Kaily for going with me! It was a blast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment