Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 297, First day at Chicago.... Navy Pier

  Today was our first day in Chicago. At first it seemed like it was going to be a bad day because it was poring rain outside. My mom, Brian, and I walked down this trail just outside our hotel. The trail was very nice, and it ran right against Lake Michigan. But while on our walk it started to rain, and rain hard! We got soaking wet. So that was a bad start to the day.

Here's pictures from the trail. Lake Michigan is huge!

This is what the city looked like from the trail.... long ways to walk if you ask me..

Navy Pier.

Once my dad got back from giving his talks and stuff (which is why we went to Chicago, is for my dads work) the week all got into the car to head down to a place called Navy Pier. Navy Pier is kinda like a mall that's a carnival. It has all these different gift shops, and restaurants, and it all has a ferris wheel, and other rides. We ate this really good Italian restaurant, and then after we watched the fireworks. They have fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday. So that was fun. I hope we get to go look around the city tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment