Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 298, Sky deck, and the Disney store of Chicago.

 

One of the main things that the family and I wanted to do while in Chicago was to go to the top of the Willis tower (or as you may know it the "Sears Tower") and look down like on Ferris Bueller's Day off. So that's what we did this morning.


   The Sears tower is tallest building in the United States, and the 5th tallest in the world. It was really cool to go and look down from the very top! But also... in a way... kinda scary.


Here's the view from the top of the building.



Here's Brian in the glass box that hang over the city.

And here is me in the glass box. It's so scary to be in that glass box that hangs over the city. All I could think about it... WHAT IF THE GLASS BREAKS!?!


I thought it would be funny if I got a picture of me looking out the window like they do on Ferris Beuller's Day off.... and it was funny. Right?

After we spent awhile at the top of the Sears tower, we walked around the city for awhile. I wanted to go to the Disney store, so we walked down there.. It was about a 3 mile walk. But it was fun, and we got to see pretty much all of Chicago while were were out...

Chicago river.

We saw street performers.


This is a water taxi, this is how people get around in Chicago.

Brian found a girl friend..... it didn't work out.


The Art Institute of Chicago.

We saw the train.


After a few hours and miles of walking, we finally found the Disney store, and I was in heaven. I bought a cool Chicago shirt there, and a graduation class of 2011 Mickey mouse. I love Disney stuff!!

This Snow White gave me nightmares...



  Now of course if you are in Chicago, you need to have Chicago deep dish pizza. This pizza was really good, but I kinda wish we got a different kind. We got a sausage, green pepper, and mushroom pizza... when we should have gotten peperoni.... but it was still good. That's how you do pizza Chicago style!




No comments:

Post a Comment